Sunday, December 29, 2013

day two

I guess this is good. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet and I'm already writing again. :)

So today I went to my friend's farewell, in which he gave an excellent talk. One of the things I really liked that he talked about was the stripling warriors. I loved how he said that they put down their weapons when danger was in front of them. That when they were tempted to fight back they gave up what they needed and turned to the Lord for better. I think that in many ways we can learn many valuable lessons from that. My friend took it in a way that he related it to himself and his siblings. He said that sometimes he is tempted to argue and fight back against his younger brother and sisters.  But instead he resists and tries to bring peace. And from that he feels better about what he did and he brings love and happiness to his home. The overall feeling is a lot better then it would have been if he had chose to continue to argue and fight with them. For me, I seem to always pick fights with my siblings and a lot of the time there are hard feelings towards one another. I'm making a goal to myself to push those feelings of hatred away. I'm going to try and "put down my weapon" and turn to the good. I'm really going to work hard to bring a peaceful feeling to my home.

From a great hymn and one of my favorites, "All the world is filled with love, when there's love at home". I agree with that statement. When there is love at home, you carry that love with you throughout your day and let it shine. I think that we may not know it but others can see that light of love. I think that it affects them and eventually that light will grow on them. I think it'll continue to grow on them and then their light will shine on others and so forth. It's the ultimate domino effect.


The worldly things around us sometimes feed hatred into our lives and we get side tracked of what really matters. We need to stop and appreciate the little things others do around us.We need to fill our lives with that light and let in the love from others. So don't be hard on others because in reality we're all in the same position. Put down your weapons and turn to the good. Don't let that temptation get to you. Be strong and faithful and good things will come.

President Monson said “Sometimes we can take offense so easily. On other occasions we are too stubborn to accept a sincere apology. Who will subordinate ego, pride, and hurt—then step forward with ‘I am truly sorry! Let’s be as we once were: friends. Let’s not pass to future generations the grievances, the anger of our time’? Let’s remove any hidden wedges that can do nothing but destroy.” ( “The Peril of Hidden Wedges,” Ensign, July 2007, 8.)

No comments:

Post a Comment